10 May Blueberry Ricotta Hotcakes
Foodie Friday: Show mum just how special she is. Whip up these delicious Blueberry Ricotta Hotcakes for her special day. Happy Mother’s Day!
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Coles Brand Australian free-range eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 cup (240g) fresh ricotta
- 100g fresh blueberries
- Melted butter, to grease
- Fresh berries, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Combine the flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs, buttermilk, and milk in a separate bowl until just combined. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the ricotta and blueberries. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 mins to rest.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly brush with melted butter. Drop two 1/4 cups (60ml) of the batter into the pan to form two 10cm discs. Cook for 2 mins or until bubbles have risen to the surface and hotcakes are golden underneath. Turn with a spatula and cook for a further 1-2 mins or until just cooked. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Repeat, in 5 more batches, with remaining batter to make 12 hotcakes.
- Place hotcakes on serving plates. Top with berries and drizzle with maple syrup.