27 Mar Caring for Our Community During COVID-19
We take our responsibility as an employer, supplier and committed community member very seriously and a big part of that responsibility centres around protecting our staff and their families, our clients and their families, and the wider community, to the full extent of our capabilities. This is particularly critical now, more than ever as we all work towards reducing the spread of COVID-19.
We are grateful that we are able to continue trading in these extremely challenging times and so we write firstly to let you know that Harrington Kitchens is very much open for business. That’s not to say that it’s “business as usual” though.
We are working hard to keep doing what we love whilst at the same time monitoring and implementing all advice as received from our Government and other professional bodies.
Harrington Kitchens has a diverse team of professionals working together in many different capacities in order to deliver amazing kitchens to you. As a result of the information that we have received, we have introduced strict systems and procedures across the entire company, as well as additional specific processes that are particular to each individual part of the business.
The Entire HK Team is:
- Practising increased, diligent, personal hygiene practices including frequent hand washing as well as provision and use of hand sanitiser for all staff and visitors.
- Observing social distancing requirements within the workplace and while off-site
- Vigilant in assessing and identifying potential symptoms of and exposure to COVID-19and acting accordingly
- Key personnel throughout the business are in the process of completing a dedicated course in Infection Control Training – COVID-19 as conducted by the Australian Government Department of Health.
- More frequent and intensive cleaning of all showroom, office, shared spaces and production areas with antibacterial and disinfectant products
Administration and Customer Service Team is:
- Asking all existing and potential clients whether there are circumstances that we need to take into account when handling their project in relation to exposing our team to the virus
- Establishing the necessary infrastructure and processes to be able to carry out work from home
- Working at increased physical distances and other heightened hygiene measures with regards to work areas and individual work spaces for those that are at the office
Design & Sales Team is:
- All measures as detailed above for the Administration and Customer Service team, as well as;
- Initiating the opportunity for initial consultation, quotation visits, and any other meetings or appointments required during the course of the kitchen project to be conducted via video/digital communication mediums such as Skype, Facetime and similar platforms
Production Team – Joinery and Paint Shop is:
- Staggering break times and increasing space for seating so as to reduce amount of contact in break areas at any one time
- Manufacturing under revised procedures for operating of equipment, including no sharing of tools
- Wiping cabinetry and other items with disinfectant and sanitiser as they move between work stations
- Cleaning delivery vans and completed cabinetry with disinfectant before being loaded for delivery
- First item of business at every tool box meeting is to reiterate requirements with regards to all new hygiene and sanitising practices
Installation and Service Teams and Contractors are:
- Service Co-ordinator calling ahead to all installation and service site visits to determine any additional requirements or considerations
- All personnel attending an external site will immediately wash hands, or use hand sanitiser if necessary, upon arrival and prior to departure from each site
- Requiring all contractors to undertake the same restrictions and procedures as we are executing internally
With these increased processes and procedures we are well placed to continue to deliver the high quality kitchens that we are known for. The fact that we manufacture all of our cabinetry onsite in our Narellan facility means that we are in complete control of all facets of the process and are not impacted by interruptions that may be taking place in other businesses within the industry. We have good levels of stock on hand and our staff are fighting fit and looking forward to working with you to deliver your dream kitchen.
As a result, we don’t anticipate any significant delays in being able to deliver to the schedules that we have set. As is our standard practice, our staff will be sure to let you know if there do happen to be any shifts that you need to be aware of.
We hope that you and your families stay safe and well during this difficult time.
Mark Clarke and the HK Team