Foodie Friday: Enjoy the beauty of both land and seas in this tasty surf and turf meal. A mix of steak and marinara mix for a divine dish!
- 4x 220g new york-cut steaks
- 30 gbutter
- 2 tbspplain flour
- 1 1/4 cups(310ml) hot milk
- 1 cup(250ml) dry white wine
- 3/4 cup(180ml) cream
- 250 gmarinara mix, drained
- 2 tbspfinely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsplemon juice
- Heat oil in large frying pan; cook beef, uncovered, until cooked as desired.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan, add flour; cook, stirring, until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually add milk, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Bring wine to the boil in medium frying pan then reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half.
- Add white sauce, cream and marinara mix to medium frying pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until seafood is cooked through. Stir in dill and juice.
- Serve steak topped with seafood sauce.