Foodie Friday: It’s hard not to love anything with BBQ Prawns and salad in the title. But the sweet and sticky mustard and maple syrup glaze in this BBQ Prawns and Superfood salad takes things to a whole other level.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
• 1/2 cup (100g) white quinoa, rinsed, drained
• 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
• 1kg green banana prawns, peeled, deveined, leaving tails intact
• 120g pkt Coles Australian Superfood Leaf Blend
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
• 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
• 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 250g cooked baby beetroot, quartered
1. Cook the quinoa following packet directions. Use a fork to separate the grains. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
2. Combine the oil, vinegar, mustard and maple syrup in a screw-top jar and shake to combine. Place the prawns in a medium bowl. Pour over half the maple mixture and toss to coat. Season.
3. Heat a barbecue plate on high. Cook the prawns for 2-3 mins each side or until cooked through.
4. Place the quinoa, salad mix, cucumber, carrot, spring onion and beetroot in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Divide the quinoa mixture among serving plates. Top with prawns and drizzle with the remaining maple mixture to serve.