20 Oct Cashew Chicken Stir-fry With Cauliflower Rice
Foodie Friday: Enjoy this nutritious, light and filling meal that will satisfy anyone and everyone. Easily mix it up with a different source of protein and a variety of vegetables.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce (or any sauce you prefer)
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup unsalted cashews
- Olive or canola oil spray
- ½ cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 200g snow peas, ends trimmed
- 410 g can baby corn spears, drained
- 4 small spring onions (including green tops), cup into 203cm pieces
- Combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, pepper and chicken in a small bowl; set aside to marinate while vegetables are prepared.
- Heat a non-stick wok or large fry pan to high. Add cashews and dry-fry for a minute or until browned; remove from pan and set aside.
- Chop cauliflower very finely or place into the bowl of a food processor and process with blade attachment until it looks like couscous. Transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl, cover and cook on HIGH for 6-8 minutes until cauliflower grains are tender. Keep covered and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray pan with oil and heat to high. Add half the chicken (with its marinade) and stir-fry for 2 minutes until browned. Set aside and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Respray pan, add broccoli and stir-fry for 3 minutes, until just tender.
- Add honey, oyster sauce and 2 tablespoons water to the pan along with snow peas, corn, spring onions and chicken including any juices; stir-fry for another 3 minutes til heated through.
- Divide cauliflower and chicken stir-fry between plates and serve sprinkled with cashews.