Foodie Friday: Entertaining on the weekend? Try these delicious Chicken, Capsicum and Ricotta Mini Pizzas.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) Ardmona Pureed Tomatoes
- 6 naan or pita breads
- 1 small barbecue chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- 200g ricotta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup (50g) pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Rocket leaves, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add the paprika and sugar, then cook for a further 1 minute. Add the tomato paste, vinegar and passata, reduce heat to low, then cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until thickened. Remove sauce from the heat.
Spread the tomato sauce over the naan or pita breads, leaving a 1cm border. Top with the shredded chicken, capsicum, chilli and ricotta, then place on the lined baking trays and bake for 10-12 minutes until the bread is golden and crisp, and the topping is warm.
Sprinkle the pizzas with pumpkin seeds and rocket, then serve immediately.