28 Apr Chicken, Lemon and Herb Burger
Foodie Friday: Take a bite into this burger to discover how a healthy alternative can taste better than take out.
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 600g lean chicken-breast mince
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/4 cup torn mint leaves
- 1 small lemon, rind grated, juiced
- 30ml low-fat milk
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Light olive oil, to brush
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 roasted red capsicum
- 1 roasted yellow capsicum
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Low-fat natural yoghurt and paprika, to serve
- Place bread in a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs. Add mince, garlic, basil, mint, lemon rind and milk and process for a few seconds until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place tomato, onion, parsley and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Brush patties with a little olive oil. Preheat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the patties in batches and cook for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Transfer to a baking tray in the oven for 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Place lettuce leaves and roasted capsicum on the bun base, top with a pattie and some tomato salad. Add a dollop of yoghurt and dust with paprika. Serve with bun top.