Foodie Friday: Impress your guests with these Chinese Pork Sliders. Simple to prepare yet anything but boring when it comes to flavour.
Prep: 15 Mins
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, seeds removed, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Sriracha
- 1/4 cup (75g) mayonnaise
- 20 small (7cm) burger buns, split
- 300g good-quality chicken liver pâté
- 600g Chinese roast pork belly (see notes), sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup micro cress (see notes)
Combine vinegar, sugar and 1 tsp salt in a bowl. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the carrot and cucumber, then stand for at least 10 minutes to pickle. Drain well and set aside.
Combine Sriracha and mayonnaise in a bowl and set aside.
Lightly toast the buns, then spread the base of each with a generous amount of pâté. Fill the buns with slices of pork belly and top with coriander, micro cress and a little pickled carrot and cucumber. Drizzle with the chilli mayonnaise and finish each slider with a bun top.