09 Feb Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn Bars
Foodie Friday: Whether you’re enjoying a romantic dinner for two or a night full of dreamy rom-coms, treat your sweetheart to these delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn Bars.
- 60 grams coconut oil
- 60 grams popping corn
- 230 grams crunchy peanut butter
- 130 grams rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 300 grams dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 30 grams coconut oil
- 30 grams salted roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 20 grams cacao nibs
- Melt 3 tsp coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add a corn kernel and when it starts to spin in the oil, add remaining popping corn, cover with a lid and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until popping stops (2-3 minutes). Tip into a bowl.
- Stir peanut butter, rice malt syrup, vanilla and remaining coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat until melted and combined, then add to popcorn and mix well. Press into a 15cm x 32cm cake tin or a 20cm-square cake tin lined with baking paper and refrigerate to set (1-2 hours).
- For chocolate topping, melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth, then stir in coconut oil. Pour evenly over popcorn mixture, scatter with peanuts and cacao nibs, and refrigerate until set (1-2 hours). Popcorn bars will keep refrigerated for up to a week. To serve, cut into fingers with a hot, wet knife.