06 Dec Choc-Raspberry Ice-Cream Cake
Foodie Friday: What’s not to love about a dessert that has Tim Tams, ice-cream, berries and more chocolate?! And it gets better, no baking required! The perfect treat on a warm summer day. And it’s sure to impress your guests if served on Christmas Day.
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 2 x 200g pkt Arnott’s Tim Tam Original
- 2L ctn berry ice-cream (such as strawberry or raspberry)
- 150ml thickened cream
- White chocolate melts, melted, to decorate
- Dark chocolate melts, melted, to decorate
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Line the base and sides of a 7cm-deep, 11 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing sides to overhang. Place half the biscuits lengthways in prepared pan.
- Spoon the ice-cream into a bowl. Break up slightly. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Fold the frozen raspberries through the ice-cream. Spoon mixture over the biscuits. Smooth the surface.
- Gently press remaining biscuits crossways over the ice-cream. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight until firm.
- Meanwhile, spread the melted chocolates over a clean work surface and set aside until almost set. run a melon baller or small teaspoon along the chocolate surface to create curls.
- Carefully invert cake onto a plate. Use electric beaters to beat the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Spread over cake. Top with fresh raspberries and chocolate curls.