07 Jul Coconut Espresso Breakfast Bars
Foodie Friday: These Coconut Espresso Breakfast Bars are the perfect breakfast for those that are always on the run. Pack one or many more – as they are irresistible – for a good coffee hit and keep you fuller for longer. They contain low GI carbohydrates, good fats from the nuts and sweetened with natural sweetener for no sugar crashes later in the day.
- 5 cups Medjool Dates
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Cashews
- ¼ cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 heaped tbsp Protein Powder
- 1 -2 shots Espresso Coffee
- 2 tbsp Nut Butter of choice
- 1 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Pinch of Salt
- In a food processor, blend the oats and cashews until they become a powder.
- Add the dates and remaining ingredients. Pulse until well combined and a clump is formed.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper, evenly spread the mixture into the tin to your desired bar thickness.
- Place in the freezer for 1 – 3 hours. Once the mixture is firm and set, slice into bars approximately 3cm thick.
- Slice and enjoy.