Foodie Friday: Delight your taste buds with this flavorsome Crazily Good Crispy Pork Belly Bao with Sriracha Mayo. It’s got a bit of everything – spicy, crunchy, creamy and fresh. Give it a try and we’re sure you’ll soon agree that they are crazily good!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 1 hr
- 500g boneless pork belly
- 8 frozen bao buns (from Asian food shops)
- 260g S&W Whole Egg Spicy Sriracha Mayonnaise
- 1 carrot, grated lengthways
- Thinly sliced spring onions, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Chopped unsalted roasted peanuts, to serve
- Score the pork belly skin at 5mm intervals. Place on a plate and chill, uncovered, overnight. Remove from fridge and stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 260°C. Rub pork skin with fine cooking salt. Place pork on a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes or until skin is crisp. Reduce heat to 160°C and roast for a further 20 minutes or until pork is tender and cooked through. Rest for 20 minutes, then cut into thick slices.
- Place buns in a large steamer and set over a wok of boiling water. Cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Spread buns with sriracha mayonnaise and top with pork, carrot, spring onion, coriander, and nuts.