11 Mar Fettuccine Primavera
Foodie Friday: Take a few moments out of your weekend to cook up a creamy, fresh Fettuccine Primavera pasta dish in your new kitchen.
- 1 250 gram pack of Fettuccine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup red capsicum strips
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated provolone cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut broccoli, carrots and capsicum.
- Heat water in medium saucepan to boiling. Add vegetables to saucepan and reduce heat to low; cook 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- Melt butter in same saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour.
- Gradually add evaporated milk and chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, provolone cheese, cayenne and black pepper until cheese is melted.
- Toss with pasta. Add vegetables and stir to coat. Serve immediately.