Foodie Friday: This recipe will have you perked up with its spicy flavour. An easy recipe to make that will keep the entire family happy.
- 4 table spoon canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- ½ medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, sauté peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filing down the centre of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
- To save time on prep, use chicken tenders. They are slightly larger than chicken breast strips, so be sure to add enough time to cook them through.