Foodie Friday: Need a great seafood dish for the long weekend? Try this delicious linguine with fresh garlic prawns.
- 750 guncooked king prawns
- 400 gdried linguine pasta reciope
- 1/3 cup(80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 clovesgarlic, sliced thinly
- 2small red chillies, seeded, sliced thinly
- 2 tbspfinely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- lemon halves, to serve
- Shell and devein prawns. Butterfly prawns by cutting along the centre back without cutting all the way through.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve ½ cup cooking water; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook the prawns for 1-2 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil, garlic and chilli to pan; cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until fragrant but not coloured.
- Add the cooked pasta, prawns and chopped parsley to garlic mixture in pan. Toss to combine, adding a splash of the reserved pasta cooking water if necessary. Serve with lemon halves and extra parsley.