Foodie Friday: Try a delicious seafood recipe this weekend, char-grilled marinated octopus with a side of haloumi.
- 1 kg cleaned medium octopus
- 1/4 cup(60ml) extra virigin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried rigani (see notes)
- 1long fresh red chilli, sliced
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley and lemon wedges, for serving
- Combine octopus, oil. vinegar, rigani and chilli in a large bowl. Toss gently to coat octopus in marinade. Cover, refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Drain marinade from octopus, reserve marinade. Cook octopus on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue), basting with marinade, for about 7 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Cook the haloumi on the barbecue until browned on both sides.
- Serve the haloumi with the octopus. Sprinkle with a little parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.