Foodie Friday: There is nothing like sitting down in front of a delicious and fragrant bowl of curry. This Green Curry Rice with Salmon is a delicious twist on the popular Thai dish. And as a bonus, you can make it all in one wok! So, there’s no big messy clean up afterward.
Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 25 Mins
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 450g salmon fillet, skin removed
- 1 stem lemongrass, pale section only, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh green chilli, deseeded, finely chopped, plus extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 200g (1 cup) jasmine rice
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, torn, plus extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- 2 limes, halved
Heat a wok over high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat. Cook the salmon for 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Add the lemongrass and chopped chilli to the wok and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for a further 30 seconds. Add rice and stir to coat. Add coconut milk, torn lime leaves, sugar, fish sauce and 500ml (2 cups) water. Stir well. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Flake the salmon and add to the wok. Set aside for 5 minutes to warm through.
Sprinkle with fresh coriander, sliced extra chilli, and shredded lime leaves. Serve with lime halves.