Foodie Friday: Get some pork on your fork! And cherries, and chillis, and hazelnuts too. Healthy Barbecue Chipotle Pork with Fresh Cherry Salsa is an amazing combination of flavours, colours and textures. And take the chance to use your barbeque as much as possible before summer is over for another year.
Prep: 0:15 Mins
Cook: 0:10 Mins
- 200g fresh cherries, pitted, sliced
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh green chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce
- 2 x 300g pork fillets, trimmed
- 1 bunch watercress, leaves picked
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 150g sugar snap peas, halved
- 55g (1/3 cup) chopped roasted hazelnuts
Combine the cherry, shallot, chilli, 1 tsp lime juice and 2 tsp olive oil in a bowl. Season. Toss to combine. Set aside.
Combine the chipotle sauce, remaining lime juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Brush half the chipotle mixture over the pork. Season.
Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on high. Remove the pork from the marinade, reserving marinade. Lightly spray pork with oil and cook, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade, for 8 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover pork loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest before slicing.
Divide the watercress, cucumber and sugar snap among serving bowls. Top with the sliced pork. Scatter over the hazelnut and spoon over the cherry salsa to serve.
Source link: www.taste.com.au