08 Jun Hot Chocolate with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
Foodie Friday: Take your Hot Chocolate game to the next level by adding Peanut Butter Whipped Cream. It’s a perfect treat for the whole family!
Prep: 15 mins
Cooking: 5 mins
Peanut butter whipped cream
- 1 cup cold (thick) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (not natural)
- Splash of pure vanilla extract
Hot milk chocolate
- 2 cups hald and half
- 2 cups full cream (whole) milk
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- pinch of fine salt
- ¼ cup chopped chocolate-covered peanuts, for garnish
- For the peanut butter whipped cream:Combine the cream, peanut butter and vanilla in a chilled bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the hot milk chocolate:Combine the half-and-half and milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. Add the milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips and salt and whisk vigorously until smooth and frothy. Ladle into mugs and top with a large dollop of peanut butter whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate-covered peanuts.