Foodie Friday: Enjoy a comforting Italian-style Gnocchi bake tonight! It’s simple to make and we ensure it will be devoured within minutes.
Serves: 6 Serves
Time: 25 mins
- 1 barbecue chicken
- 2 x 375g packets fresh potato gnocchi
- 575g bottle flavoured Italian tomato sauce of choice
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Remove chicken meat from the carcass. Discard skin and bones. Roughly chop 400g of chicken meat. Use remaining chicken meat for sandwiches.
- Combine chicken, gnocchi, tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons water and basil in a large bowl. Spoon into a large ovenproof dish. Sprinkle cheese over gnocchi mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden and the bake is heated through. Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve.