27 Mar Lamb, Apple and Blue Cheese Burger
Foodie Friday: Lamb, apple and blue cheese may not seem like your usual burger filling combo, but it’s always great to try something new. There’s no denying that it looks amazing, so what are you waiting for? Fire up the grill and give it a go this weekend.
Don’t forget the side of fries. There’s some things about a burger meal that you just don’t mess with.
Prep: 0:10 Mins
Cook: 0:15 Mins
- 500g Australian Lamb Mince
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 150g Castello Blue Cheese, thickly sliced
- 4 Brioche Burger Buns, split
- 1/3 cup (100g) aioli
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored, thinly sliced crossways
- 60g pkt Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves
Combine the mince, breadcrumbs, onion, cumin and paprika in a large bowl. Season well. Divide evenly into 4 portions. Shape each portion into a 1.5cm-thick, 10cm-diameter patty.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook patties for 5 mins each side or until lightly charred and just cooked through. Top with cheese. Cook for a further 1 min or until cheese begins to melt. Transfer to a plate.
Cook buns, cut-side down, on grill for 1 min or until lightly toasted. Divide bun bases among serving plates. Spread with aioli. Top with patties, apple, rocket and mint. Top with bun tops.
Source link: www.taste.com.au