14 Sep Loaded Mexican Nacho Fries
Add this recipe to your crowd pleaser list as everyone enjoys it! There’s a mix of sweet potato, melted cheese, black beans, tomatoes and guacamole. What’s not to love?
- 900 grams frozen sweet potato fries (see notes)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese (or more!)
- ½ cup Greek-style plain yogurt
- ¼ cup real mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Black beans
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Jalapeño slices
- Lime wedges
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees. Bake the sweet potato fries for 20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Place the frozen corn on a small baking sheet and roast in the oven with the fries for 15-20, or until they are light brown in a few spots.
- Make the chipotle crema by mixing the yogurt, mayonnaise, and chipotle peppers in a small bowl. Start with 1 tablespoon of the chipotle and add more to taste/ heat preference.
- When the fries have finished baking, layer them with the cheddar cheese, roasted corn, and any or all of the oven toppings. Bake for another 7-8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the nachos fries from the oven and top with some guacamole, coriander, lime, and a little chipotle crema. Serve the remaining crema on the side.
You can use store-bought sweet potato fries. You could do the same, or slice some sweet potatoes into fries, drizzle them with oil, and bake them for 20-30 minutes.