23 Aug One-Pan Taco Pull-Apart
Foodie Friday: What could be better than a dish that is super yummy, perfect for sharing and entertaining and the clean-up is a breeze? This delicious One-Pan Taco Pull-Apart ticks all the boxes.
Prep: 30 Mins
Cook: 30 Mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 350g beef mince
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 125g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 fresh jalapeno chilli, finely chopped, plus extra, sliced, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 450g packet jumbo tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, plus 1/4 cup extra, to serve
- 2 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 3/4 cup medium chunky salsa
- 1/2 x 285g jar piquillo peppers, chopped
- 125g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 large avocados, halved
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 23cm (base) frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, cumin, paprika and oregano. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned all over.
- Add tomato paste and 1/4 cup water. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in chilli and coriander. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Wipe frying pan clean. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- Place 1 tortilla on a board. Spread with 1/4 cup sour cream. Top with 1/3 cup mince mixture and sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Roll up tortilla tightly. Trim and discard ends. Cut into 4 equal lengths. Arrange rolls, upright, around edge of pan, sitting snugly. Repeat with remaining tortillas, sour cream, mince mixture and cheese, to create 2 rings, leaving a hole in the centre. Sprinkle tortillas with remaining cheese.
- Combine salsa and peppers in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into centre of frying pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tortillas are golden and cheese is melted. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Guacamole Place avocado and lime juice in a bowl. Using a fork, mash until smooth. Season well with salt and pepper. Stir in coriander.
- Serve pull-apart with guacamole, tomato, extra sour cream, chilli and coriander