Foodie Friday: The widely-popular meal of meatballs and pasta hardly needs an introduction, but we’ll give them one anyway. Everyone will love these Slow-Cooker Meatballs and Fettuccine. It looks amazing and the tasty flavours will not disappoint!
Prep: 0:15 Mins
Cook: 4 Hrs 25 Mins
- 500g Australian No Added Hormones Beef 3 Star Mince
- 2 Australian Classic Pork Sausages, casings removed
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 1 Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped sage
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, extra, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry red wine or beef stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 500g fettuccine
Place beef mince, sausage mince, grated onion, breadcrumbs, egg, sage, oregano, and basil in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix until well combined. Season. Shape tablespoonfuls of mince mixture into balls. Place on a plate.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the meatballs. Cook, turning, for 5 mins or until brown all over. Transfer to a slow cooker.
Add the chopped onion to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add garlic and cook for 1 min or until aromatic. Add the wine or beef stock and bring to the boil. Add the tomato and pasta sauce and stir to combine. Pour over the meatballs in the slow cooker. Cover. Cook for 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low) or until the meatballs are cooked through and sauce thickens slightly. Season. (To freeze now, see tip below.)
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well. Return the pasta to the pan with a little of the sauce from the slow cooker. Toss to combine. Divide the pasta mixture evenly among serving bowls. Spoon over the meatballs and sauce.
Source link: www.taste.com.au