16 Aug Spicy Pepperoni and Burrata Flatbread
Foodie Friday: Just when we thought there was no beating a good pepperoni pizza, we found this amazing Spicy Pepperoni and Burrata Flatbread. It’s next level!
Prep: 10 Mins
Cook: 15 Mins
- 2 2/3 cups (400g) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (280g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 11/2 tsp salt flakes
- 11/2 cups (150g) grated mozzarella
- 100ml tomato passata (sugo)
- 20 slices mixed pepperoni
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 balls burrata, torn
- Chilli oil, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Combine flour, baking powder, oil, yogurt, salt flakes and half the mozzarella in a bowl.
- Knead on a work surface to form a smooth dough, then roll out to a 7mm thick rectangle.
- Place on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Spread over passata, then scatter with pepperoni, chilli and remaining 3/4 cup (75g) mozzarella
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the base is cooked and pepperoni is crisp.
- Serve topped with burrata and chilli oil.