23 Feb Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Greens
Foodie Friday: Who doesn’t love pasta? Enjoy this new take on a classic dish by balancing out the pasta with succulent shrimp.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 230 grams angel-hair pasta
- 8 cups chopped escarole, kale and/or Swiss chard
- 450 grams medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs, adding the greens to the water. Drain and rinse under cold water; transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine the shrimp, red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 3 minutes per side. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp mixture to the bowl with the pasta along with the basil and lemon zest and juice; toss to combine.