13 Jul Beef Stew With Dill
Foodie Friday: Deliciously light and filling Beef Stew that can be made ahead and reheated to last you a few days.
Prep: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 900 grams beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 quarter chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 6 shallots, halved
- 225g pound carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 140g curly spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Crusty bread, for serving
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Season the meat with salt and pepper and add it to the saucepan in a single layer. Cook over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until browned all over, about 10 minutes. Add the stock and shallots and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat until the meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the carrots to the saucepan and simmer until tender, about 12 minutes. Add the peas, spinach and dill and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Ladle the stew into bowls and serve with crusty bread.