21 Jun Chipotle Chicken and Sweet Potato Comforter
Foodie Friday: This delicious bowl of Chipotle Chicken and Sweet Potato Comforter is just what the doctor ordered.
Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 40 Mins
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 tbs ground chipotle chilli (from good grocers – substitute salt-reduced taco seasoning), plus extra to serve (optional)
- 600g sweet potato, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/4 cup (70g) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup (150g) mixed quinoa
- 5L (6 cups) chicken stock
- 4 tortillas
- Thinly sliced avocado, coriander sprigs, and thick Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease 2 baking trays and line with baking paper.
- Heat half the oil in a saucepan with a lid over high heat. Add onion, garlic, chicken, chipotle and sweet potato, and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until chicken is browned and sweet potato is beginning to soften. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the paste has darkened slightly. Add quinoa and stock, then cover.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 12-14 minutes or until quinoa and sweet potato are tender.
- Meanwhile, brush tortillas with remaining oil and spread evenly across prepared trays. Bake for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden and crispy. Remove from oven and break into shards.
- Divide soup among bowls and top with avocado and coriander sprigs. Serve tortilla shards and yoghurt sprinkled with extra chipotle, if using, alongside.