Foodie Friday: The warmer weather means berries and coconut are the flavours of the day. Indulge yourself with this delicious pile of yumminess as a special weekend breakfast treat.
Prep: 40 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Makes 12 pancakes
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 500g coconut yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 125g raspberries
- 125g blueberries
- 125g strawberries, quartered
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk the egg, 3/4 cup (210g) yoghurt and buttermilk in a jug. Stir into flour mixture until combined. Set aside for 30 mins to rest.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Lightly brush with coconut oil. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Cook for 2 mins or until bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully turn and cook for a further 1 min or until golden. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining mixture and coconut oil to make 12 pancakes.
- Place half the raspberries in a small bowl. Use a fork to lightly crush. Add the remaining yoghurt and stir until just combined.
- Divide the pancakes among serving plates. Top with the yoghurt mixture, blueberries, strawberry and remaining raspberries. Serve with maple syrup.