Foodie Friday: This delicious combination is perfect when you’re low on time. Put this dish together within 15 minutes. Who can say no to that?
- 500g savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 ripe avocado, stone removed, diced
- 300g leftover roast chicken, shredded or chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Small handful mixed herbs, torn (tarragon, parsley and chervil)
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Mash the avocado slightly to a creamy and slightly chunky texture in a bowl, then add the cabbage, roast chicken, olive oil (if using) and lemon juice and give it a good toss through so the avocado dresses the salad evenly. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Arrange the salad onto a platter and sprinkle with fresh mixed herbs and pine nuts. Serve.