31 Aug Easy Breakfast Quesadillas
Foodie Friday: Get the kids together and serve up these Easy Breakfast Quesadillas for Dad this Father’s Day. A tasty twist combining some much-loved breakfast staples and a Mexican favourite, sure to satisfy the whole family!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 4 slice Multigrain flatbread
- 2 cup tasty cheese (shredded)
- 220 g canned baked beans
- 1 red capsicum (sliced)
- 4 free-range egg
- 2 medium tomato (finely diced)
- 1 avocado (finely diced)
- 1 lime
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (toasted, *optional)
- Gather all your ingredients. Heat a fry pan and lay one slice of fllatbread in the pan. Add a layer of grated cheese over half of the flatbread. Sprinkle beans and capsicum on top.
- Crack one egg into the middle of the cheese and give it a little stir with a fork. Fold the bread over to form a half-moon shape.
- When the bottom is a crunchy, golden-brown colour, turn the whole thing over with a spatula (about 3-4 minutes on either side will get you there). The egg should be cooked and the cheese yummy and gooey.
- To serve, combine the tomatoes, avocado and juice of the lime with a pinch of salt to make a salsa. Cut the quesadillas into triangles and serve with some salsa on top. A scattering of toasted pumpkin seeds adds a great crunch factor.