06 Oct Pork Stuffed Capsicums
Foodie Friday: Enjoy these easy to make and very tasty Pork Stiffed Capsicums any day of the week. It is a simple recipe that can be easily adapted to your family’s taste preferences.
Time: 10 mins prep, 25 mins cook
- 4 large Capsicums (any colour you prefer)
- 200 gms Pork Mince
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Garlic Cover (crushed)
- 50 gms Bulghar Wheat
- 3 tbsp Low Fat Sour Cream
- 1 250 ml Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste (however much you prefer)
- 1 Handful of Parsley
- Slice the capsicum into two and remove the seeds and cores.
- Place cut side down on a plate, lightly cover with cling film and cook in the microwave or 3-4 minutes until cooked through, but not so soft they collapse.
- Remove from the microwave and arrange in a baking tray.
- Cook the pork mince in a pan until starting to brown. Drain off excess fat.
- Add the garlic clove to the pan along with the paprika and cumin and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir well to combine, cook for a couple of minutes then add the bulghar wheat and stock.
- Stir and bring to a simmer – for approximately 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium high heat. Stir half the parsley into the pork mixture.
- Stuff into the capsicum, then cook for 3-5 minutes until crisp.
- Stir the remaining parsley into the sour cream and dollop onto the capsicum to serve.