Foodie Friday: A delicious twist on the traditional, yet ever-favourite, potato salad. Invite your friends over and surprise them with this tasty delight!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1kg kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (70g) sourdough breadcrumbs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 6 slices round pancetta
- 2 cups watercress, leaves picked
Macadamia and dill pesto
- ½ cup (75g) toasted macadamias
- 1 bunch dill, fronds picked
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- For the macadamia and dill pesto, whiz all ingredients in a food processor. Season and chill.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh. Cut into large pieces and place in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove from heat. Add lemon zest and freshly ground black pepper. Place pancetta in a non-stick frypan over medium heat and cook, turning once, for 6-7 minutes or until crisp. Cool, then roughly crumble.
- Add pesto to potato and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl and scatter with breadcrumbs, pancetta and watercress.