05 Oct Prawn Tacos with Lime-Avocado Salsa
Foodie Friday: These prawn tacos are packed full of flavour. Your taste buds are sure to have a hard time deciding which flavour they like more – the Mexican flavoured prawns, the lime-avocado salsa, the smoky mayonnaise or the crunchy fillings. Enjoy!
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 just-ripe avocado, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 red birdseye chilli (optional), seeded, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1kg raw prawns, thawed, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup (150g) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Combine the avocado, coriander, chilli, if using, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the lime juice in a bowl. Season. Set aside for 10 mins to develop the flavours.
- Combine the prawns, oil and Mexican seasoning in a medium bowl. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the prawns, turning, for 5 mins or until prawns change colour and curl.
- Meanwhile, heat the tortillas following packet directions.
- Combine mayonnaise, paprika and remaining lime juice in a bowl. Season.
- Divide tortillas among serving plates. Divide cabbage, carrot, radish and lime-avocado salsa among the tortillas. Top with the prawns. Drizzle with the mayonnaise mixture. Fold to enclose the filling. Serve immediately.