Foodie Friday: Pancakes are a welcome menu item at any time of the day. These Zucchini Pancakes with Bacon & Avocado are no exception.
Prep: 0:10 Mins
Cook: 0:30 Mins
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 310ml (1 1/2 cups) buttermilk
- 1 (about 150g) zucchini, coarsely grated
- Extra Virgin Olive oil spray
- 3 rindless bacon rashers, excess fat trimmed
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Make a well in the centre. Whisk in the egg and buttermilk until just combined. Add the zucchini and stir to combine.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Spoon one-quarter of the zucchini mixture into the pan. Tilt the pan to form a 13cm-diameter pancake. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining zucchini mixture, reheating the pan between batches.
Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon for 3-4 minutes each side or until crisp. Tear into large pieces. Combine the tomato, avocado, basil, onion, garlic and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the salad and bacon with the pancakes.
Source link: www.taste.com.au