03 Nov Chimichurri Roast Chicken Legs
Foodie Friday: The most perfect and tasty chicken you will have thanks to chimichurri. It’s an easy, no fuss dish that will leave the entire family satisfied and wanting more.
- 2 packed cups parsley leaves
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 Tbs. fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Kg. bone-in chicken thighs or drumsticks, or a mix of both
- Put the parsley, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, pepper flakes, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper in a blender, and purée until smooth. Reserve half for serving. (the sauce will keep up to one week covered and refrigerated.)
- Put the chicken in a 9×13-inch baking dish, and season all over with 1 tsp. salt. Pour the remaining half of the chimichurri over the chicken and turn to coat the chicken with it. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Position a rack in the centre of the oven and heat to 230 degrees Celsius. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminium foil and position a wire rack over the baking sheet.
- Place the chicken skin side up on the wire rack (discard the remaining chimichurri in the baking dish). Roast until golden brown and cooked through (70 degrees Celsius), rotating the baking sheet halfway through roasting so that the chicken browns evenly, 35 to 45 minutes total. Serve with some of the reserved chimichurri.