13 May Lamb, Wild Rice and Quinoa Salad
Foodie Friday: Try this healthy yet delicious lamb, wild rice and quinoa salad this weekend in the kitchen.
- 1/2 cup (120g) wild rice
- 3/4 cup (165g) white quinoa
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 x 250g lamb backstraps
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 100g marinated roasted capsicum in oil, drained, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (50g) hazelnuts, toasted, skins removed, chopped
- 150g baby spinach
- 125g goat’s feta, crumbled
1. Place the rice in a large saucepan with 1L (4 cups) water and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes. Add quinoa and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until rice and quinoa are tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbs oil in a frypan over medium heat. Season lamb, then add to the pan with the lime halves, cut-sides down. Cook lamb for 3 minutes each side for medium. Set aside to rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
3. To make the dressing, juice the grilled lime and combine with lamb resting juices, garlic, mustard, honey and remaining 2 tbs olive oil, then season.
4. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl with lamb and rice mixture, then drizzle over the dressing to serve.