Foodie Friday: Enjoy a flavoursome dinner that packs a punch. These Mediterranean Stuffed Capsicum are easy to prepare making them the perfect dinner.
- 4 red capsicums, halved, deseeded
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 80g feta, crumbled
- 40g (1/4 cup) pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 100g baby rocket
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the capsicums, cut side up, on the prepared tray. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the beans, chopped tomato, zucchini, green shallot, feta, olives, parsley and lemon rind in a large bowl. Toss until combined. Season with pepper.
- Drain any liquid from the capsicums. Divide the filling among the capsicums. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until capsicums are softened and golden.
- Place the halved tomatoes and rocket in a bowl. Add vinegar and toss to combine. Serve the stuffed capsicums with the rocket and tomato salad.