22 Dec Roast Pork with Caramelised Apples and Onion
Foodie Friday: Enjoy this deliciously perfect match over Christmas dinner with your loved ones. Create a feast for the family with this Roast Pork as the centrepiece for mouth-watering guests.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 1hr and 45mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 5 kg Coles easy carve pork leg roast
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 4 Jazz apples, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon thyme sprigs
- Roast potatoes, to serve
- Preheat oven to 230C or 210C fan-forced. Rub oil and salt over pork, pressing into scored rind. Place in a roasting tin and cook for 45 mins. Reduce oven to 180°C or 160°C fan. Cook for 30 mins.
- Place thick onion slices around the pork and top with the apple slices. Drizzle the maple syrup over the apple slices and return to the oven for another 30 mins, or until pork is cooked through. Remove from oven.
- Scatter thyme sprigs over the apple. Rest pork for 10 mins, before slicing. Serve with caramelised apple and onion and roast potatoes. Drizzle over pan juices.