Choosing the right colour in your kitchen can be a little stressful. What you have to remember is that there are no bad colours. You can make any colour work as long as it is used in the right way and accompanied with the right colours and materials. Here are 5 different colour schemes that work!
- Warm colour palette – If you love bold and bright colours but want to take the edge off these colours, then consider a warm colour palette. You can team warm oranges and reds together with neutrals such as beige and grey. This will give you that splash of colour you love without giving you a headache.
- Cool colour palette – This works much the same as the warm colour palette with pops of colour grounded by neutrals. But rather than reds and oranges, use blues and greens to create a more serene environment.
- Bold with neutral – this colour scheme is made up of one bold colour, for example a feature wall, combined with neutral accents. It is smart to keep the expensive items such as bench tops, cabinets and flooring as neutral, so that you can change the colour easily if needed.
- Blank canvas with bold colour – this is another colour scheme that features bold colours that are relatively easy to change when you get sick of the colour or to re –sell the house. This scheme starts with a blank canvas where most of the kitchen is one neutral colour, cream, white, grey etc. Then the colour is added in the accessories such as stools, chairs, pendants, rugs, and utensils just to name a few.
- Bold and traditional – bold colours don’t just belong in modern kitchens, you can add bold colours to a traditional kitchen if done the right way. Use one bold colour on one stand out feature of the kitchen, and combine it with traditional colours for the rest of the kitchen. For example a deep red antique style oven could be surrounded by browns and beige traditional cabinets.
As you can see there are many different colours that can be used in your kitchen, you just know how to use different materials and combine to make a beautiful colour scheme that works!
Here at Harrington Kitchens, our experienced designers can help you design the perfect kitchen no matter what the style.
Harrington Kitchens offers a wide variety of kitchen designs and styles including:
- French Provincial Kitchens
- Modern Kitchens
- Classic Kitchens
- Laminate Kitchens
- Timber Kitchens
- Polyurethane Kitchens
- Country Kitchens
- Outdoor Kitchens
For more information on our various kitchen designs, please visit our Gallery. Our Gallery brings together a selection of our custom kitchen designs ranging from traditional to contemporary kitchens. Each kitchen style has the flexibility to work in any home environment and can be designed to suit all tastes and budgets.
The entire Harrington Kitchens team is focused on designing kitchens that utilise premium materials and offer each and every customer the highest level of service. Harrington Kitchens partners with the best quality kitchen suppliers within the kitchen manufacturing industry and employs experienced and professional tradesmen to ensure the longevity of your custom designed kitchen.
For a free quote and free design consultation please contact us at Harrington Kitchens on (02) 4647 4474 or submit an online enquiry, alternatively you are welcome to visit the Harrington Kitchens Showroom at 12 Graham Hill Road Narellan NSW or 5 Old Hume Highway, Mittagong NSW.
See more great kitchen ideas in our Online Gallery.