Prep: 20 Mins
Cook: 50 Mins
- 4 (about 850g) Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 2cm cubes
- 500g frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Icing sugar and pure (thin) cream, to serve
- 1/2 cup (80g) wholemeal flour
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 50g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (55g) roasted whole almonds
- 1/3 cup (50g) unsalted roasted peanuts, plus extra 2 tablespoons chopped
- 1/2 cup (40g) flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For the crumble topping, place the flours and butter in a food processor and whiz for 1 minute or until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add brown sugar and pulse to combine – if the mixture looks moist or too clumpy, add an extra 1-2 tablespoons wholemeal flour. Add the whole almonds and 1/3 cup (50g) peanuts, then pulse until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
- Place apple, blueberries, caster sugar and vanilla in a bowl and stir well to coat. Tip into a 1.5L baking dish, then scatter over the crumble topping. Sprinkle the crumble with flaked almonds and extra 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until crumble is golden and bubbling. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.