03 May Asian Noodle Soup
Foodie Friday: is the perfect day to cook up this Asian inspired noodle soup that will keep you warm as the weather begins to cool.
- 4 cups reduced salt chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 250g skinless chicken breast fillet, trimmed of fat
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 2-3 small red chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 100g green beans, sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, chopped
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 50g bean sprouts
- Place stock, water, chicken, carrots, ginger and chilli in a large saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and stand 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from stock and shred finely. Finely chop coriander stems and roughly chop leaves.
- Add rice noodles and beans to chicken stock. Return to heat and simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes until noodles are softened.
- Stir in shredded chicken, soy sauce, sugar, bok choy, shallots and coriander stems, simmer 1-2 minutes until bok choy is wilted. Remove from heat, stir in coriander leaves.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with bean sprouts and serve.