29 Jun Baked Ricotta and Olives
Foodie Friday: Planning to entertain over the weekend? Prepare this simple baked ricotta and olives with a bottle of wine for the perfect entrée.
Serves: 8 serves
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 750g wedge fresh ricotta
- 1 ½ tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp thyme leaves, plus 3 sprigs extra to garnish
- 1 tbs shredded lemon rind
- Sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place ricotta on tray. Combine with oil, chilli and thyme in a bowl. Spread half over ricotta to coat. Top with thyme sprigs and sprinkle with 1tsp sea salt flakes. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, combine olives, lemon rind and remaining spice oil in a small ovenproof ramekin. Bake alongside ricotta for the last 20 minutes of cooking. Serve ricotta and olives warm or at room temperature.