28 Sep Balsamic Roast Tomato and Ricotta Pasta
Foodie Friday: This delicious Balsamic Roast Tomato and Ricotta Pasta makes a great weeknight meal. Quick and easy to prepare, you can have it on the table in no time and it tastes amazing too!
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (300g) frozen broad beans
- 200g fresh ricotta or smooth ricotta
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 375g fresh lasagne sheets, torn into strips
- 1/3 cup (90g) basil pesto
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 120g baby rocket
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the tomatoes on the tray. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and half the oil. Season. Roast for 10-15 mins or until tomatoes begin to collapse.
- Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 2 mins or until heated through. Refresh under cold water. Peel.
- Combine the ricotta and parmesan in a small bowl. Season.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1-2 mins or until tender. Drain well. Return to pan. Add tomatoes, pesto, broad beans, basil, rocket, remaining oil and half the ricotta mixture. Gently toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls. Top with the remaining ricotta mixture.