22 Mar Brie and Asparagus Tart with Parmesan Pastry
Foodie Friday: This Brie and Asparagus Tart with Parmesan Pastry is perfect for entertaining. Smooth and tasty Brie combined with the sharp and bitey Parmesan crust creates a delicious cheesy delight.
Prep: 1 hr 5 mins
Cook: 55 mins
- 350g ripe Brie, roughly chopped
- 150g fresh ricotta
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 eggs, plus 5 extra yolks
- 3 bunches thin asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
- Green salad, to serve
- 1 2/3 cups (250g) plain flour
- 2/3 cup (50g) grated parmesan
- 125g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- For the parmesan pastry, place flour, parmesan, and butter in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add egg and pulse until the pastry comes together in a ball, adding 1-2 tablespoons chilled water as needed. Flatten into a disc, enclose in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 28cm x 20cm loose-bottomed tart pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 35cm x 25cm rectangle. Press into the prepared tart pan and chill for a further 15 minutes. Line with baking paper and pastry weights or uncooked rice, then blind-bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and weights, then bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden and dry.
- Meanwhile, whiz the Brie, ricotta, cream, eggs and extra yolks in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste, then pour into the pastry case and lay the asparagus spears on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the filling is set and the top is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature with a green salad.