Foodie Friday: The aromatic flavours of the chicken combine with a tasty bean salad in this Cinnamon Chicken with Bean Salad. A perfect high-fibre dinner.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) dry sherry
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets with skin (wingbone attached – optional)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 200g thin green beans
- 2 x 420g cans three-bean mix, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Beetroot relish, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix cinnamon, sugar, sherry and 2 tablespoons oil. Season toss with chicken and marinate for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile: combine the balsamic, mustard and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl, then season. Blanch green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh in cold water. Toss with the dressing, parsley and canned beans.
Heat an ovenproof frypan over medium heat. Cook chicken, skin-side down, for 2 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for 1 minute, then place in the oven for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Serve chicken on salad, topped with relish.