Foodie Friday: These delicious Coconut Chicken Lettuce Cups are perfect for summer holiday entertaining. Fresh, full of flavour and ready in minutes!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 long red chilli, quartered (optional)
- 1 stem lemongrass, quartered or 1 tbs lemongrass paste
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 long red chillies, extra, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- Place the chicken, chilli, if using, lemongrass and coconut milk in a medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover the chicken. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Set aside in the poaching liquid to cool completely.
- Remove chicken from the pan, discarding the poaching liquid. Coarsely shred the chicken.
- Remove the outer leaves from lettuce, reserving 16 leaves. Thinly slice the remaining lettuce leaves.
- Arrange the reserved lettuce leaves on a serving platter. Top with the sliced lettuce, chicken, spring onion and extra chilli, if using.
- Place the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce in a screw-top jar and shake to combine. Drizzle over the lettuce cups on the platter.