Foodie Friday: There’s nothing quite like a delicious, hearty pie to warm your tummy on a cold winter night. Give this Creamy Chicken, Mushroom and Leek pie a try and enjoy the incredible flavours.
Prep: 0:15 Mins
Cook: 0:55 Mins
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 500g RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 leeks, pale section only, thickly sliced
- 200g brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 100g button or cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs miso paste
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 2 tbs chopped tarragon
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large deep frying pan over high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until golden brown. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Heat 2 tsp of oil in the pan. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until the leek softens. Add to the chicken in the bowl. Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Add the combined mushroom and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until tender. Return the chicken and leek to the pan. Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until well combined. Add the mustard, miso paste and stock and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the sauce boils and thickens. Set aside to cool slightly.
Add the cream and tarragon to the chicken mixture in the pan. Stir to combine. Season. Transfer the mixture to a 12-cup (3L) pie dish.
Use a small sharp knife to cut the pastry sheets into 3cm strips. Arrange the pastry strips, overlapping slightly, over the chicken mixture. Use a knife to trim the excess pastry. Lightly brush the pastry with the egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake the pie for 25-30 mins or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
Source link: www.taste.com.au