Foodie Friday: Get creative in the kitchen this weekend by baking these mouthwatering Crunchie cupcakes.
- 250g butter, chopped
- 150g Cadbury Baking White Chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 x 110g pkts Cadbury Crunchie Sprinkles
- 200g Cadbury Baking Dark Chocolate, melted
- 2 x 50g bars Cadbury Crunchie, coarsely broken
- Chocolate topping, to drizzle
White Chocolate Icing
- 250g butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 120g Cadbury Melts Real White Chocolate, melted, cooled
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line eighteen 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin pans with paper cases.
- Stir butter, white chocolate, sugar and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Set aside for 10 mins to cool.
- Whisk egg into mixture. Fold in combined flour and half the sprinkles. Spoon among paper cases. Bake for 30 mins or until a skewer inserted in centres comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, spread the dark chocolate in a thin layer on a tray lined with baking paper. Place in fridge to set. Break into shards.
- To make the white choc icing, use an electric mixer to beat the butter in a bowl for 3-5 mins or until pale. Gradually add the icing sugar, beating after each addition. Beat in the chocolate.
- Place icing in a piping bag fitted with a 5mm star nozzle. Pipe over cupcakes. Top with chocolate shards, Crunchie bar and remaining sprinkles. Drizzle with topping.