Foodie Friday: Foodie Friday: Tantalise your taste buds with this tasty Chicken Rice Pilaf with Chickpeas and Brown Butter. It’s from the kitchen of celebrity chef Curtis Stone, so you know it’s going to be amazing!
Prep: 0:20 Mins
Cook: 0:50 Mins
- 4 Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Cutlets, fat trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 11/2 cups (300g) long-grain white rice, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 45g unsalted butter
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Preheat oven to 190C (170C fan-forced). Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with paprika. Heat a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and chicken, skin-side down. Cook for 6 mins or until skin is golden and crisp. Turn and cook for 3 mins or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
Add rice to the frying pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 8 mins or until toasted. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 mins. Add stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Arrange the chicken on top of the rice. Cover pan with a lid or foil. Bake for 15-20 mins or until the rice has absorbed the stock. Uncover and bake for a further 10 mins or until rice on top is becoming crisp.
Meanwhile, in another large frying pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add chickpeas and cook, stirring, for 8 mins or until the chickpeas are heated through and the butter browns.
Spoon the chickpeas and butter over the rice. Sprinkle with coriander.
Source link: www.taste.com.au